Fostering Family Training and Support
Carer Retention is a high priority of all Government and Non Government organisations. Research shows that one of the most common reasons for carers exiting the system is the negative impact fostering has on their biological children.
We have expanded our existing training to include foster carer training and to fill the gap for biological children training and support.
Courses for foster carers include:
- Becoming An Accidental Counsellor
- Effective Communication Skills
- Managing Stress To Help Prevent Burn Out
- Identifying Mental Health Issues
- Supporting Children With Mental Health Issues
- Supporting Biological Children Through The Fostering Journey
- Coping When A Placement Has Ended
Courses for biological children are run in 2 age groups, 7-11 and over 12 years, and include:
- Managing Expectations of Fostering
- Dealing With Sensitive Information and Disclosures
- Coping With Placement Ending
- Coping With The Challenges of Fostering
All training and counselling is delivered by registered and qualified professionals with extensive experience working with families and young people.
For more information on our courses, costs and timetable, please contact us on 02 9899 6006 or email Wendy@fostercareangels.org.au or click the button below to sign up to our monthly newsletter.
For our latest training calendar click HERE